Bannockburn House Trust

Play Video

Bannockburn House Trust is the community owned custodian of the historic 30-acre estate, south of Stirling. The estate includes an internationally significant 17th century mansion House and outbuildings, gardens and woodlands. The Romans marched across the estate 2000 years ago, as would have the Vikings; it was the site of two major medieval battles, that of Bannockburn and Sauchieburn; was twice the HQ for the Jacobite armies in 1745 and 1746, as well as providing a home for Bonnie Prince Charlie. The House was later the centre for tartan manufacture in Scotland.

After leading the team delivering the community buyout in 2017, Jim helped guide the community in setting up the infrastructure for the delivery of its vision. As CEO, Jim provided leadership in both conserving and commercialising those community owned assets to deliver significant social impacts. This included a large capital development programme, as well as delivering leadership in strategy, operations, finance, and staffing.

At the heart of the Trust’s vision is using its assets to offer huge development opportunities to the people of Bannockburn and the eastern Stirling villages.